Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Greenland man weapons trial coming
Joshua Nieves, 26, is charged with five counts of being a felon in possession of a weapon. He goes on trial the week of Aug. 5 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
So far, no pretrial challenges have been made regarding the charges.
He was arrested Aug. 16, 2012, at the Gosling Meadows apartment complex in Portsmouth. His arrest came a day after police were tipped off about his weapons collection and statements he allegedly made supporting the gunman who killed Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney last year.
The tipster was a man who was arrested for theft by Newington police, according to police. He was dating Nieves’ former girlfriend and told investigators on Aug. 15, 2012, that Nieves had a MAC-11 and a 9 mm handgun, according to court documents.
Nieves was also indicted on three counts of violating the controlled drug act for allegedly possessing Clonazepam, Lorazepam and marijuana at the time of his arrest. Aside from firearms charges, Nieves also faces an additional felon in possession charge for having a blackjack on him when he was taken into custody, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424