Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Man says he made bomb threat to spend time with his kids
Bolton said that Long was trying to dodge a plea-and-sentencing on charges that he created a bogus doctor’s letter to get him freed on electronic monitoring. The letter claimed that Long’s 2-month-old son needed surgery to drain fluid from around his brain.
Long called his wife from jail with instructions on how to create a letterhead and word the letter so that it resembled one that came from an actual doctor who worked at Children’s Hospital in Boston.
One deputy who investigated the bogus letter case also recognized Long’s voice on the 911 call.
Bolton said Long also called in a bomb threat at a Walmart store in Somersworth a day prior to calling in the threat at the courthouse.
Long will have to pay up to $3,000 in restitution, with $2,652 going to the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department and the remainder paid to state police for the hours-long response.
The prison sentence Long will serve time on is actually for the jail term he was trying to avoid when he called in the threat. He received a suspended 3½- to 7-year prison term for calling in the threat, and will remain on probation for five years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
- Total Votes: 917