Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sentencing delay for Manchester woman convicted of lying about role in Rwandan genocide
Her first trial ended in a mistrial in March 2012. Munyenyezi, who has been free on bond since April 2012, had been scheduled for sentencing Wednesday, but the date was changed because of an attorney schedule conflict.
Federal prosecutors say Munyenyezi, a member of the ruling Hutu party, was a ringleader of its extremist youth militia.
Prosecutors want Munyenyezi sentenced to 10 years in prison, while defense attorneys seek a sentence of less than 12 months, in hopes of enhancing her chances of being accepted for residency by another country. They say deportation to Rwanda could result in severe punishment, if not death.
U.S. District Court Judge Steven McAuliffe revoked Munyenyezi's citizenship after she was convicted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 3
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424