Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sentencing delay for Manchester woman convicted of lying about role in Rwandan genocide
Her first trial ended in a mistrial in March 2012. Munyenyezi, who has been free on bond since April 2012, had been scheduled for sentencing Wednesday, but the date was changed because of an attorney schedule conflict.
Federal prosecutors say Munyenyezi, a member of the ruling Hutu party, was a ringleader of its extremist youth militia.
Prosecutors want Munyenyezi sentenced to 10 years in prison, while defense attorneys seek a sentence of less than 12 months, in hopes of enhancing her chances of being accepted for residency by another country. They say deportation to Rwanda could result in severe punishment, if not death.
U.S. District Court Judge Steven McAuliffe revoked Munyenyezi's citizenship after she was convicted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483