Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sentencing delay for Manchester woman convicted of lying about role in Rwandan genocide
Her first trial ended in a mistrial in March 2012. Munyenyezi, who has been free on bond since April 2012, had been scheduled for sentencing Wednesday, but the date was changed because of an attorney schedule conflict.
Federal prosecutors say Munyenyezi, a member of the ruling Hutu party, was a ringleader of its extremist youth militia.
Prosecutors want Munyenyezi sentenced to 10 years in prison, while defense attorneys seek a sentence of less than 12 months, in hopes of enhancing her chances of being accepted for residency by another country. They say deportation to Rwanda could result in severe punishment, if not death.
U.S. District Court Judge Steven McAuliffe revoked Munyenyezi's citizenship after she was convicted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424