B's send message to Seguin
He hopes Seguin got the message.
Chiarelli said he received a "deluge" of calls when news about talks involving Seguin leaked out. Those stopped once Nathan Horton decided to enter free agency and Chiarelli's desire to move him waned as well.
"He's got to commit his mind and focus to the one task at hand. He's got to become more of a professional," Chiarelli said. "I can say that about a lot of 21-year-olds. I know he got criticized a lot for playing on the periphery, and he did. He did. But he's got to commit to being a professional and his focus on the game. We don't expect him to crash and bang, just focus on his game."
"It will be tough. There's obviously chemistry there," Chiarelli said. "There are different ways to look at building your line. There's building in pairs. Maybe that's something to look at rather than getting an exact replacement for Horty. To attempt to try and recreate the chemistry, that will be hard. You'd like to have a shooter on that line."
Chiarelli is hoping that his team's solid core can sway Lecavalier — or someone of that ilk — to play with a winner.
It could be that he waits for the secondary market to open up to see what bargains are available.
READER COMMENTS: 42
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration project - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0