Fishers shut down by Rock Cats
Tom Stuifbergen pitched a four-hitter over 6 1/3-innings to lead New Britain to a 3-1 Eastern League victory over New Hampshire Tuesday in New Britain, Conn.
New Hampshire (39-44) was led by two hits from Brian Van Kirk, who drove in New Hampshire's lone run in the ninth inning.
New Britain took a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning. Eddie Rosario singled to center to lead off the inning and advanced to second on a single by Nate Hanson.Rosario scored on a double by Josmil Pinto with Hanson taking third base. Hanson scored moments later when Daniel Ortiz grounded out to second.In the fifth inning the Rock Cats padded their lead to 3-0 on consecutive singles from Jordan Parraz, Angel Morales and Danny Santana. New Hampshire rallied in the ninth inning when Kevin Nolan opened the frame with a single. A walk to Ryan Schimpf advanced Nolan who scored on a single to right by Van Kirk.
The rally fizzled from there as Jack Murphy struck out swinging and Amadeo Zazueta bounced back to relief pitcher Daniel Turpen, who threw to second to begin a game-ending double play.
Marcus Stroman (4-2) suffered the loss, despite fanning 13 batters in 6 2/3-innings. He allowed six hits and one walk.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.