Lebanon floods: 'Major damage'
“It’s crazy out here right now,” said Christopoulos, who was manning the state’s Emergency Operations Center, set up in response to the flash flooding that swept through.
Christopoulos said that one apartment complex was evacuated and up to 20 residents from Slayton Hill Road sent to a shelter opened to the public at Lebanon High School.
Mike Barwell, media relations manager for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, said the hospital suffered no damage, but the storm cell was “a real gully washer.”
Driving home on Interstate 89, Barwell said that the Mascoma River was flowing well outside its banks between exits 17 and 18.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
- Strong winds cut power to thousands across New Hampshire - 0
- State acts to shore up Gorham dam - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options