Home » News » Public Safety
Center Harbor taps veteran as interim fire chief
Leon Manville, who was fire chief from 1994-1998, has agreed to serve as interim fire chief while a replacement is found for Schlemmer, according to town officials.
“I’m looking forward to the challenge,” Manville said Tuesday.
Schlemmer abruptly resigned his post Thursday morning, surprising town officials. The former chief has not commented publicly about his resignation.
Board of Selectman Chairman David Hughes said town officials are not sure why he resigned.
Manville, 50, said he’ll be working 28 hours a week as interim chief, which will now be his primary job, he said.
“We’ll have to see. I haven’t decided whether I’m interested in that yet,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'