Home » News » Public Safety
Center Harbor taps veteran as interim fire chief
Leon Manville, who was fire chief from 1994-1998, has agreed to serve as interim fire chief while a replacement is found for Schlemmer, according to town officials.
“I’m looking forward to the challenge,” Manville said Tuesday.
Schlemmer abruptly resigned his post Thursday morning, surprising town officials. The former chief has not commented publicly about his resignation.
Board of Selectman Chairman David Hughes said town officials are not sure why he resigned.
Manville, 50, said he’ll be working 28 hours a week as interim chief, which will now be his primary job, he said.
“We’ll have to see. I haven’t decided whether I’m interested in that yet,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072