Home » News » Public Safety
Center Harbor taps veteran as interim fire chief
Leon Manville, who was fire chief from 1994-1998, has agreed to serve as interim fire chief while a replacement is found for Schlemmer, according to town officials.
“I’m looking forward to the challenge,” Manville said Tuesday.
Schlemmer abruptly resigned his post Thursday morning, surprising town officials. The former chief has not commented publicly about his resignation.
Board of Selectman Chairman David Hughes said town officials are not sure why he resigned.
Manville, 50, said he’ll be working 28 hours a week as interim chief, which will now be his primary job, he said.
“We’ll have to see. I haven’t decided whether I’m interested in that yet,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket