Home » News » Public Safety
Hazmat team dispatched to Franklin plant
When city firefighters arrived they found that the plant had been evacuated, LaChapelle said. The company’s night supervisor had reported the spill and the chemical reaction and had ordered employees to leave as a precaution.
Once they confirmed the hazardous condition, they withdrew from the building and closed its doors until the hazardous materials team arrived.
It was determined that there was no further hazard from the mixture, and the chemicals were left in the container so that company officials could dispose of them.
Vitex officials have contracted a private clean-up company to remove the substance, LaChapelle said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072