House GOP leader appoints Weare lawmaker to Medicaid Expansion Commission
CONCORD – New Hampshire House Republican Leader Gene Chandler, R-Bartlett, on Tuesday announced his appointee to the Medicaid Expansion Commission, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare.
Rep. Kurk, former chair of the House Finance Committee, is currently the ranking Republican on House Finance and sits on Division III of the committee, which oversees appropriations to the Department of Health and Human Services, including Medicaid.
The recently adopted state budget compromise provides that the House Republican leader receives one appointment to the commission.
"Rep. Kurk brings to the table decades of experience in Medicaid policy and state fiscal issues," said Chandler. "Additionally, Rep. Kurk has a long history of looking out for New Hampshire taxpayers. I'm confident he will be an asset to the commission as they take an objective look at how Medicaid expansion may affect New Hampshire in both the short and long term."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.