Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Canadian man loses suit over treatment at Valley Street jail
In a civil suit, the plaintiff has a lesser burden of proof than in a criminal case, having only to prove to the jury that his claim is more probable than not.
Uniformed corrections officers, however, attributed the incident to a mere takedown after Thompson supposedly threw a T-shirt at a guard when a strip search was about to take place.
"Sometimes guys get together, they're locked in the jail day after day, things get a little ugly," he said.
Thompson and two others brought suit against the jail over their treatment in 2006 and 2007. A judge eventually separated them for trial.
A trial is expected later this summer involving claims brought by Christopher Robinson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 6
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424