Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Canadian man loses suit over treatment at Valley Street jail
In a civil suit, the plaintiff has a lesser burden of proof than in a criminal case, having only to prove to the jury that his claim is more probable than not.
Uniformed corrections officers, however, attributed the incident to a mere takedown after Thompson supposedly threw a T-shirt at a guard when a strip search was about to take place.
"Sometimes guys get together, they're locked in the jail day after day, things get a little ugly," he said.
Thompson and two others brought suit against the jail over their treatment in 2006 and 2007. A judge eventually separated them for trial.
A trial is expected later this summer involving claims brought by Christopher Robinson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424