Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Bristol man pleads guilty to assault, manslaughter in 1989 shaken baby case
Bruce Watson, 46, was originally charged in August with one count of reckless second-degree murder for shaking 4½-month-old Brian Wiggin in 1989.
On Friday, as part of a plea agreement, the murder charge against Watson was not prosecuted. He pleaded guilty instead to one count of second-degree assault and one count of manslaughter, court officials said.
Wiggin's mother, Tammy Perreault of Epsom, said Monday she agreed with the plea bargain because it means Watson, her ex-boyfriend, will spend at least one year in jail for each year that Wiggin lived, "and for every year he suffered."
But the case was reopened after Wiggin died on June 9, 2008, and an autopsy showed his death was a direct result of being shaken as a baby, which prompted the state Attorney General's office to look at Wiggin's "quality of life" after his 1989 injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much Fahrvergnügen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917