Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Bristol man pleads guilty to assault, manslaughter in 1989 shaken baby case
Bruce Watson, 46, was originally charged in August with one count of reckless second-degree murder for shaking 4½-month-old Brian Wiggin in 1989.
On Friday, as part of a plea agreement, the murder charge against Watson was not prosecuted. He pleaded guilty instead to one count of second-degree assault and one count of manslaughter, court officials said.
Wiggin's mother, Tammy Perreault of Epsom, said Monday she agreed with the plea bargain because it means Watson, her ex-boyfriend, will spend at least one year in jail for each year that Wiggin lived, "and for every year he suffered."
But the case was reopened after Wiggin died on June 9, 2008, and an autopsy showed his death was a direct result of being shaken as a baby, which prompted the state Attorney General's office to look at Wiggin's "quality of life" after his 1989 injury.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483