Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Bristol man pleads guilty to assault, manslaughter in 1989 shaken baby case
Bruce Watson, 46, was originally charged in August with one count of reckless second-degree murder for shaking 4½-month-old Brian Wiggin in 1989.
On Friday, as part of a plea agreement, the murder charge against Watson was not prosecuted. He pleaded guilty instead to one count of second-degree assault and one count of manslaughter, court officials said.
Wiggin's mother, Tammy Perreault of Epsom, said Monday she agreed with the plea bargain because it means Watson, her ex-boyfriend, will spend at least one year in jail for each year that Wiggin lived, "and for every year he suffered."
But the case was reopened after Wiggin died on June 9, 2008, and an autopsy showed his death was a direct result of being shaken as a baby, which prompted the state Attorney General's office to look at Wiggin's "quality of life" after his 1989 injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483