Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Bristol man pleads guilty to assault, manslaughter in 1989 shaken baby case
Bruce Watson, 46, was originally charged in August with one count of reckless second-degree murder for shaking 4½-month-old Brian Wiggin in 1989.
On Friday, as part of a plea agreement, the murder charge against Watson was not prosecuted. He pleaded guilty instead to one count of second-degree assault and one count of manslaughter, court officials said.
Wiggin's mother, Tammy Perreault of Epsom, said Monday she agreed with the plea bargain because it means Watson, her ex-boyfriend, will spend at least one year in jail for each year that Wiggin lived, "and for every year he suffered."
But the case was reopened after Wiggin died on June 9, 2008, and an autopsy showed his death was a direct result of being shaken as a baby, which prompted the state Attorney General's office to look at Wiggin's "quality of life" after his 1989 injury.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 41
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 2
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424