Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Prosecutors defend search in Plaistow child abuse case
Police found videos of Roland Dow, 27, of Plaistow, and his girlfriend, Jessica Linscott, 23, allegedly coaching the boy on what to say about his bruises and burns prior to an interview with a child advocacy worker on Oct. 23.
Prosecutors asked a judge this week to consolidate all charges against Dow into one trial, while fighting the defense's first bid to have evidence in his case thrown out.
"The videos that are detailed in the affidavit are horrifying," Zaino said in a court motion. "They show that the defendant was aware of what was going on and the very severe nature of the victim's injuries. Nevertheless, the defendant chose to video record these events over three days rather than secure medical treatment."
"Several bruises were observed on the victim's face, forehead, cheek, buttocks, leg and back," Zaino said. "Burns were described on his fingers, wrist, and arm of varying degrees with redness and blistering. He also suffered loss of vision and subdural bruising, which was discovered during a surgery to drain blood and fluid from under the skin around his eyes."
"This is analogous to documenting a search of a house with a movie camera and later viewing the video after the return has been filed," he said in court papers. "The warrant authorized the seizure and search of the Dell computer."
Dow and Linscott were apprehended Nov. 28 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., on the run from allegations by doctors at Exeter Hospital that the boy had been abused.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 2
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief