Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Prosecutors defend search in Plaistow child abuse case
Police found videos of Roland Dow, 27, of Plaistow, and his girlfriend, Jessica Linscott, 23, allegedly coaching the boy on what to say about his bruises and burns prior to an interview with a child advocacy worker on Oct. 23.
Prosecutors asked a judge this week to consolidate all charges against Dow into one trial, while fighting the defense's first bid to have evidence in his case thrown out.
"The videos that are detailed in the affidavit are horrifying," Zaino said in a court motion. "They show that the defendant was aware of what was going on and the very severe nature of the victim's injuries. Nevertheless, the defendant chose to video record these events over three days rather than secure medical treatment."
"Several bruises were observed on the victim's face, forehead, cheek, buttocks, leg and back," Zaino said. "Burns were described on his fingers, wrist, and arm of varying degrees with redness and blistering. He also suffered loss of vision and subdural bruising, which was discovered during a surgery to drain blood and fluid from under the skin around his eyes."
"This is analogous to documenting a search of a house with a movie camera and later viewing the video after the return has been filed," he said in court papers. "The warrant authorized the seizure and search of the Dell computer."
Dow and Linscott were apprehended Nov. 28 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., on the run from allegations by doctors at Exeter Hospital that the boy had been abused.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 2
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424