Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Portland posts rout of Fisher Cats
They pounded four Fisher Cat pitchers for 17 hits and Anthony Ranaudo picked up his eighth win of the season, 13-5, at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Sunday.
The Sea Dogs fell to .500 for the first time since April 19 with a 5-4 loss in the series opener on Thursday night. They bounced back nicely with wins on Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon for their first three-game win streak since late May.
Sunday's game was a bit of a mound mismatch. The Sea Dogs had Ranaudo, one of Boston's top prospects. The Fisher Cats had Matt Wright, a reliever making his second start of the season in place of Ryan Tepera, who was ill.
The prolific hitting helped Ranaudo. He struck out the first two batters and the last two batters he faced.
"It's going to happen," Ranaudo said. "You're not going out there and have your best stuff every time. It's a crazy game. You've just got to keep on an even keel and not get too high or too low."
Kevin Ahrens hit a two-run home run and New Hampshire came up with three runs total off Ranaudo to take the lead in the second.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Farnum Center: Blight to bright - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Dressing for success (and to help save lives) - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Something to cheer about - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Mom's outlook puts everything in perspective - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Tech lovers can't give these glasses a pass - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Stache Dash to raise cash - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Boutiques transform a city block - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wear pink and prepare to be pampered at the Enchanting Beauty Women's Expo - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Fall brings brisk lineup of great fundraising events - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list