Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Portland posts rout of Fisher Cats
They pounded four Fisher Cat pitchers for 17 hits and Anthony Ranaudo picked up his eighth win of the season, 13-5, at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Sunday.
The Sea Dogs fell to .500 for the first time since April 19 with a 5-4 loss in the series opener on Thursday night. They bounced back nicely with wins on Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon for their first three-game win streak since late May.
Sunday's game was a bit of a mound mismatch. The Sea Dogs had Ranaudo, one of Boston's top prospects. The Fisher Cats had Matt Wright, a reliever making his second start of the season in place of Ryan Tepera, who was ill.
The prolific hitting helped Ranaudo. He struck out the first two batters and the last two batters he faced.
"It's going to happen," Ranaudo said. "You're not going out there and have your best stuff every time. It's a crazy game. You've just got to keep on an even keel and not get too high or too low."
Kevin Ahrens hit a two-run home run and New Hampshire came up with three runs total off Ranaudo to take the lead in the second.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Public Service seeks rate hike; blames energy costs - 3
- NRC to address concrete degradation at Seabrook nuclear plant - 0
- Maine environmental groups clash over wind power - 0
- 2008 ice storm left thousands powerless, changed the way NH prepares - 1
- Council considers attorney to serve on PUC - 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan