Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire destroys Warren home; firefighter treated for heat exhaustion
Flames were reported at the two-story home of Julian Locke by a cell phone caller at about 3 a.m., said Fire Chief Ed Raymond.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, they couldn't do much to save the home.
"It was fully involved when we got there, we couldn't save it," Raymond said.
The extent of the damage was so severe that fire investigators don't know where the fire started, much less how it started, he said.
"The whole building, particularly one end, burned completely, we don't know where to start," he said, adding that investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office had been called to the scene.
One firefighter, who Raymond did not identify, was taken to Concord Hospital suffering from a mild case of heat exhaustion. The injured firefighter returned to the scene to observe later in the morning, he said.
"He's fine," Raymond said.
Locke and his family were on vacation overseas and the home was not occupied at the time of the fire, Raymond said. They were expected to return home late Monday or Tuesday, and they have been put in contact with the Red Cross for shelter, he said.
The fire was under control within an hour, and firefighters were on the scene until about 9:30 a.m., he said.
Fire departments from Webster, Contocook, Salisbury, Boscawen, Henniker, Bow, Sutton, and Bradford joined town firefighters in battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council