Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire destroys Warren home; firefighter treated for heat exhaustion
Flames were reported at the two-story home of Julian Locke by a cell phone caller at about 3 a.m., said Fire Chief Ed Raymond.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, they couldn't do much to save the home.
"It was fully involved when we got there, we couldn't save it," Raymond said.
The extent of the damage was so severe that fire investigators don't know where the fire started, much less how it started, he said.
"The whole building, particularly one end, burned completely, we don't know where to start," he said, adding that investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office had been called to the scene.
One firefighter, who Raymond did not identify, was taken to Concord Hospital suffering from a mild case of heat exhaustion. The injured firefighter returned to the scene to observe later in the morning, he said.
"He's fine," Raymond said.
Locke and his family were on vacation overseas and the home was not occupied at the time of the fire, Raymond said. They were expected to return home late Monday or Tuesday, and they have been put in contact with the Red Cross for shelter, he said.
The fire was under control within an hour, and firefighters were on the scene until about 9:30 a.m., he said.
Fire departments from Webster, Contocook, Salisbury, Boscawen, Henniker, Bow, Sutton, and Bradford joined town firefighters in battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'