Home » News » Public Safety
Three-alarm fire destroys Warren home; firefighter treated for heat exhaustion
Flames were reported at the two-story home of Julian Locke by a cell phone caller at about 3 a.m., said Fire Chief Ed Raymond.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, they couldn't do much to save the home.
"It was fully involved when we got there, we couldn't save it," Raymond said.
The extent of the damage was so severe that fire investigators don't know where the fire started, much less how it started, he said.
"The whole building, particularly one end, burned completely, we don't know where to start," he said, adding that investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office had been called to the scene.
One firefighter, who Raymond did not identify, was taken to Concord Hospital suffering from a mild case of heat exhaustion. The injured firefighter returned to the scene to observe later in the morning, he said.
"He's fine," Raymond said.
Locke and his family were on vacation overseas and the home was not occupied at the time of the fire, Raymond said. They were expected to return home late Monday or Tuesday, and they have been put in contact with the Red Cross for shelter, he said.
The fire was under control within an hour, and firefighters were on the scene until about 9:30 a.m., he said.
Fire departments from Webster, Contocook, Salisbury, Boscawen, Henniker, Bow, Sutton, and Bradford joined town firefighters in battling the blaze.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester