Roger Brown's First & 10: Holt's defense earns him MVP
The East completed 2 of its 5 pass attempts for 26 yards. The West recorded two sacks.
Nashua North linebacker/defensive end Deric Wagner recorded a game-high 10 tackles. The West received 9½ tackles from Bedford linebacker David Cannone and 7½ from Stevens linebacker C.J. Gosselin.
Two veteran high school and college coaches ran the defenses Saturday. Ken Sciacca was the East's defensive coordinator, and Paul Lavigne ran the West defense.
Lavigne, who ran a 50 defense, coached at Stevens of Claremont, Milford, Manchester West, Manchester Memorial and Inter-Lakes of Meredith. He also coached at St. Anselm and Plymouth State.
Entering the game Exeter's Logan Laurent seemed to give the East an edge in the kicking game, but Souhegan of Amherst's Tyler Ford was one of the West's unsung heroes because of his punting.
"In pregame my punts were OK, but they weren't going that far," Ford said. "Then when the game started the adrenaline kicked in and I started feeling it."
The West averaged 3.6 yards per play. The East averaged 3.5. ... According to CHaD officials, the game raised $301,500, which included $48,000 in in-kind donations (uniforms, food, etc.). ... This year's attendance was 1,591. A crowd of 1,202 attended last year's inaugural game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice