Roger Brown's First & 10: Holt's defense earns him MVP
The East completed 2 of its 5 pass attempts for 26 yards. The West recorded two sacks.
Nashua North linebacker/defensive end Deric Wagner recorded a game-high 10 tackles. The West received 9½ tackles from Bedford linebacker David Cannone and 7½ from Stevens linebacker C.J. Gosselin.
Two veteran high school and college coaches ran the defenses Saturday. Ken Sciacca was the East's defensive coordinator, and Paul Lavigne ran the West defense.
Lavigne, who ran a 50 defense, coached at Stevens of Claremont, Milford, Manchester West, Manchester Memorial and Inter-Lakes of Meredith. He also coached at St. Anselm and Plymouth State.
Entering the game Exeter's Logan Laurent seemed to give the East an edge in the kicking game, but Souhegan of Amherst's Tyler Ford was one of the West's unsung heroes because of his punting.
"In pregame my punts were OK, but they weren't going that far," Ford said. "Then when the game started the adrenaline kicked in and I started feeling it."
The West averaged 3.6 yards per play. The East averaged 3.5. ... According to CHaD officials, the game raised $301,500, which included $48,000 in in-kind donations (uniforms, food, etc.). ... This year's attendance was 1,591. A crowd of 1,202 attended last year's inaugural game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 10
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans