Home » Opinion » Editorials
SEA wants more, even though it means layoffs
There is no more give in the state budget that the Legislature passed and the governor signed on Friday. In fact, to come up with the dough to fund the 6-percent hikes, some of those very state workers are going to be laid off. This may include some of the best workers, but no doubt union seniority will prevail.
Then it can also be time to throw some of the brothers under the bus. Perhaps they expect to hold out for more dough and make Maggie the fall girl, if even more layoffs ensue?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'