John Habib's City Sports: Strong city presence for CHaD football game
"I've got seven grandchildren to look after, and that would cut into my vacation time," said Schubert with a laugh. "No thank you, especially now when I'm starting to hit the golf ball straight."
"That's my goal, to have everyone play in the game," he said.
NOEL and Bouchard are among five Manchester players who will be heading north this fall to play for Norwich University head coach Mark Murnyack in Northfield, Vt. Noel will be joined by Memorial teammates Donovan Murby and Nathan Steele, while Bouchard will be reunited with Trinity teammate Justin Johnson.
"Noel is talented at wide receiver and kick returner, and we expect him to compete for (a spot on) the travel squad," said Murnyack. "Murby will join the inside linebacker corps, which includes five seniors. Bouchard and Steele will compete for back-up spots on the offensive line, where we have four starters back. Johnson will compete for the kickoff and place-kicking duties."
"Addison is expected to start this season after starting two games for us at the position as a sophomore last year," the coach said. "He has also been really good on special teams up to this point. We expect him to continue to improve and be an all-conference-type performer."
WHEN George Smith served as an alderman for Ward 10, one of the many things he accomplished was pushing through the renovation of the Raco Theodore Swimming Pool, located on Head Street, off Varney on the city's West Side.
"It's an Olympic-sized pool, one of only a few in New England," Smith said when the pool re-opened in 2007. "The biggest thing for me is that the kids in our area are utilizing it. After years of seeing Raco deteriorate, this is now a first-class pool."
Raco Theodore will be the site of the annual Manchester LCM Team Specialty Meet next weekend, July 5-7. The meet is sanctioned by New England Swimming, hosting nearly 200 top swimmers from the state and region.
"City Sports" is published Saturdays in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Email staff sports reporter John Habib at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840