John Habib's City Sports: Strong city presence for CHaD football game
"I've got seven grandchildren to look after, and that would cut into my vacation time," said Schubert with a laugh. "No thank you, especially now when I'm starting to hit the golf ball straight."
"That's my goal, to have everyone play in the game," he said.
NOEL and Bouchard are among five Manchester players who will be heading north this fall to play for Norwich University head coach Mark Murnyack in Northfield, Vt. Noel will be joined by Memorial teammates Donovan Murby and Nathan Steele, while Bouchard will be reunited with Trinity teammate Justin Johnson.
"Noel is talented at wide receiver and kick returner, and we expect him to compete for (a spot on) the travel squad," said Murnyack. "Murby will join the inside linebacker corps, which includes five seniors. Bouchard and Steele will compete for back-up spots on the offensive line, where we have four starters back. Johnson will compete for the kickoff and place-kicking duties."
"Addison is expected to start this season after starting two games for us at the position as a sophomore last year," the coach said. "He has also been really good on special teams up to this point. We expect him to continue to improve and be an all-conference-type performer."
WHEN George Smith served as an alderman for Ward 10, one of the many things he accomplished was pushing through the renovation of the Raco Theodore Swimming Pool, located on Head Street, off Varney on the city's West Side.
"It's an Olympic-sized pool, one of only a few in New England," Smith said when the pool re-opened in 2007. "The biggest thing for me is that the kids in our area are utilizing it. After years of seeing Raco deteriorate, this is now a first-class pool."
Raco Theodore will be the site of the annual Manchester LCM Team Specialty Meet next weekend, July 5-7. The meet is sanctioned by New England Swimming, hosting nearly 200 top swimmers from the state and region.
"City Sports" is published Saturdays in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Email staff sports reporter John Habib at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Notebook: NH athletes receive fall accolades - 0
- MMA 'Throwdown at The Rock' to feature Nate LaMottee - 0
- Soccer kings' dominance unparalleled - 0
- (No heading) - 0
- UPDATED: Hopkinton High lacrosse coach Doug Maynard dies - 0
- Windham field hockey prevails in overtime - 0
- Allen Lessels UNH Notebook: And now, no room for error - 0
- High School Roundup - 0
- Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: Hanover boys are on a roll - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840