John Habib's City Sports: Strong city presence for CHaD football game
"I've got seven grandchildren to look after, and that would cut into my vacation time," said Schubert with a laugh. "No thank you, especially now when I'm starting to hit the golf ball straight."
"That's my goal, to have everyone play in the game," he said.
NOEL and Bouchard are among five Manchester players who will be heading north this fall to play for Norwich University head coach Mark Murnyack in Northfield, Vt. Noel will be joined by Memorial teammates Donovan Murby and Nathan Steele, while Bouchard will be reunited with Trinity teammate Justin Johnson.
"Noel is talented at wide receiver and kick returner, and we expect him to compete for (a spot on) the travel squad," said Murnyack. "Murby will join the inside linebacker corps, which includes five seniors. Bouchard and Steele will compete for back-up spots on the offensive line, where we have four starters back. Johnson will compete for the kickoff and place-kicking duties."
"Addison is expected to start this season after starting two games for us at the position as a sophomore last year," the coach said. "He has also been really good on special teams up to this point. We expect him to continue to improve and be an all-conference-type performer."
WHEN George Smith served as an alderman for Ward 10, one of the many things he accomplished was pushing through the renovation of the Raco Theodore Swimming Pool, located on Head Street, off Varney on the city's West Side.
"It's an Olympic-sized pool, one of only a few in New England," Smith said when the pool re-opened in 2007. "The biggest thing for me is that the kids in our area are utilizing it. After years of seeing Raco deteriorate, this is now a first-class pool."
Raco Theodore will be the site of the annual Manchester LCM Team Specialty Meet next weekend, July 5-7. The meet is sanctioned by New England Swimming, hosting nearly 200 top swimmers from the state and region.
"City Sports" is published Saturdays in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Email staff sports reporter John Habib at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840