Fisher Cats' streak halted by Sea Dogs
Haeger allowed seven hits, struck out seven and walked no one over his eight innings. Jeremy Kehrt finished up for the Sea Dogs.
Clint Robinson's two-out home run in the bottom of the ninth accounted for the only Fisher Cat run.
Portland struck first for a pair of runs in the top of the fourth inning.
Michael Almanzar led off with a single to left and went to second on a throwing error by left fielder Brian Van Kirk. After a ground out, Almanzar scored on a Vazquez single to left.
Haeger and the Sea Dogs made the lead stand up.
Peter Hissey helped end the fourth inning when his strong throw from right field nailed Brad Glenn who as trying to score from first on Clint Robinson's long single.
Almanzar doubled in Garin Cecchini, who had doubled to lead off the ninth, to make it 5-0.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840