Londonderry recreation programs to begin in July
The Londonderry Summer Recreation program kicks off early next month, and there's still plenty of time left to get in on the fun.This year's summer day program starts July 8 with programs continuing for five weeks, concluding on Aug. 8.The programs, which are for Londonderry children entering first grade through age 14, are held primarily at the gymnasium and playground at Matthew Thornton Elementary School.
Activities are held Monday through Friday, with morning sessions running from 9 a.m. to noon and afternoon sessions from 1 to 3.Fees are $40 per child for the entire program, or $50 for two children. Families of three children or more are subject to a $60 fee. Accommodations may be made for families in financial difficulty, Recreation Director Art Psaledas said.
Daily activities include arts and crafts, games and sports, with a special theme for each day, according to Psaledas.The children are grouped by age and interest, and are supervised in small groups by experienced staff members.
Two field trips are also being planned over the summer at an additional cost.Other programs include girls' basketball, boys' basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, lacrosse, conditioning, volleyball, field hockey and track & field.
For more information, call the Recreation Department at 437-2765 or visit www.londonderrynh.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.