Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover fire causes minor injury
Firefighters responded to the first-alarm fire at 18 North Park St. about 9:41 p.m. At the scene they found a small fire on the second floor of the multi-family dwelling, which was quickly estinguished.
One victim was treated on scene for minor burns, but the fire could have been much worse, said Hanover Fire Captain Michael Gilbert.
There were no reported firefighter injuries. The cause of the fire is being investigated but is not deemed suspicious, Gilbert said.
Lebanon and Hartford, Vermont, fire departments responded to the scene with ladder trucks. Hanover Police, Dartmouth Safety and Security, and Dartmouth Facilities, Operations, and Management also assisted at the scene.
A fire engine from Lyme and a ladder truck from Norwich, Vt., provided station coverage during the fire response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072