Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover fire causes minor injury
Firefighters responded to the first-alarm fire at 18 North Park St. about 9:41 p.m. At the scene they found a small fire on the second floor of the multi-family dwelling, which was quickly estinguished.
One victim was treated on scene for minor burns, but the fire could have been much worse, said Hanover Fire Captain Michael Gilbert.
There were no reported firefighter injuries. The cause of the fire is being investigated but is not deemed suspicious, Gilbert said.
Lebanon and Hartford, Vermont, fire departments responded to the scene with ladder trucks. Hanover Police, Dartmouth Safety and Security, and Dartmouth Facilities, Operations, and Management also assisted at the scene.
A fire engine from Lyme and a ladder truck from Norwich, Vt., provided station coverage during the fire response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072