Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover fire causes minor injury
Firefighters responded to the first-alarm fire at 18 North Park St. about 9:41 p.m. At the scene they found a small fire on the second floor of the multi-family dwelling, which was quickly estinguished.
One victim was treated on scene for minor burns, but the fire could have been much worse, said Hanover Fire Captain Michael Gilbert.
There were no reported firefighter injuries. The cause of the fire is being investigated but is not deemed suspicious, Gilbert said.
Lebanon and Hartford, Vermont, fire departments responded to the scene with ladder trucks. Hanover Police, Dartmouth Safety and Security, and Dartmouth Facilities, Operations, and Management also assisted at the scene.
A fire engine from Lyme and a ladder truck from Norwich, Vt., provided station coverage during the fire response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 4
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill