Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover fire causes minor injury
Firefighters responded to the first-alarm fire at 18 North Park St. about 9:41 p.m. At the scene they found a small fire on the second floor of the multi-family dwelling, which was quickly estinguished.
One victim was treated on scene for minor burns, but the fire could have been much worse, said Hanover Fire Captain Michael Gilbert.
There were no reported firefighter injuries. The cause of the fire is being investigated but is not deemed suspicious, Gilbert said.
Lebanon and Hartford, Vermont, fire departments responded to the scene with ladder trucks. Hanover Police, Dartmouth Safety and Security, and Dartmouth Facilities, Operations, and Management also assisted at the scene.
A fire engine from Lyme and a ladder truck from Norwich, Vt., provided station coverage during the fire response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video