Home » News » Public Safety
Hanover fire causes minor injury
Firefighters responded to the first-alarm fire at 18 North Park St. about 9:41 p.m. At the scene they found a small fire on the second floor of the multi-family dwelling, which was quickly estinguished.
One victim was treated on scene for minor burns, but the fire could have been much worse, said Hanover Fire Captain Michael Gilbert.
There were no reported firefighter injuries. The cause of the fire is being investigated but is not deemed suspicious, Gilbert said.
Lebanon and Hartford, Vermont, fire departments responded to the scene with ladder trucks. Hanover Police, Dartmouth Safety and Security, and Dartmouth Facilities, Operations, and Management also assisted at the scene.
A fire engine from Lyme and a ladder truck from Norwich, Vt., provided station coverage during the fire response.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth