Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Man accused of soliciting minor for sex says police didn't read him his Miranda rights
Lizotte sent a lewd photo to the girl, and asked to meet her at a hotel room and his apartment for sex, prosecutors said.
Lizotte told the detectives who arrived at his doorstep that he had to go to work.
Bedrick argued in court papers that police had set up a situation in which Lizotte would feel pressured into submitting to questions being posed by the officers, while the search warrant was being executed.
"The uncertainty and confusion inherent in such a situation would counsel any reasonable person to remain with and speak to police to get answers as to the reasons for the police presence," Bedrick said in a court motion.
She said that Lizotte never asked the detectives to terminate the interview.
"Bernier told the defendant that he was under no obligation to speak with them and that he was under no obligation to answer any questions they had for him," Conway said in a court motion. "She also told the defendant that if he wanted to leave and go to work immediately, he could do so."
The trial is scheduled to begin the week of Sept. 9. Lizotte faces three counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and single counts of indecent exposure and obscene matter offenses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917