Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man accused of soliciting minor for sex says police didn't read him his Miranda rights
Lizotte sent a lewd photo to the girl, and asked to meet her at a hotel room and his apartment for sex, prosecutors said.
Lizotte told the detectives who arrived at his doorstep that he had to go to work.
Bedrick argued in court papers that police had set up a situation in which Lizotte would feel pressured into submitting to questions being posed by the officers, while the search warrant was being executed.
"The uncertainty and confusion inherent in such a situation would counsel any reasonable person to remain with and speak to police to get answers as to the reasons for the police presence," Bedrick said in a court motion.
She said that Lizotte never asked the detectives to terminate the interview.
"Bernier told the defendant that he was under no obligation to speak with them and that he was under no obligation to answer any questions they had for him," Conway said in a court motion. "She also told the defendant that if he wanted to leave and go to work immediately, he could do so."
The trial is scheduled to begin the week of Sept. 9. Lizotte faces three counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and single counts of indecent exposure and obscene matter offenses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424