Ladies Night Out 5K run/walk to be held Saturday in Manchester
Manchester is hosting the Ladies Night Out Run, Wine and Chocolate, an event pretty much summarized by its name. It's for women only, although men can volunteer provided they dress up and provide a little charm between the start and red-carpet finish.
This is the second such event for Salem, Mass.-based B&S. The first was held in December in Newburyport, Mass., when many runners were decked out with holiday cheer such as Santa hats and other attire more eccentric than typical fitnesswear.
The run starts at 4 p.m. Saturday outside Runner's Alley on Hanover Street, which will be closed off from Chestnut to Elm streets during the festivities starting at 2 p.m.
Organizers are expecting up to 300 runners. The finish will be lined with a red carpet and volunteers will be there with a carnation and Ladies Night Out wine glass. The reception area is basically up and down that block of Hanover Street with hors d'oeuvres, chocolate and various beverages — including a selection of something white, red or rose' to fill the new wine glasses. Several businesses have partnered with B&S for the event and will be supplying the food and drink.
Registration is $65 for adults and $30 for ladies under age 21 and can be completed online or on Saturday outside Runner's Alley starting at 2:30 p.m. Some of the proceeds will go to the American Heart Association and Easter Seals.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children invited to attend Woodland Storybook Walk in Wilton - 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Owls are a treat for the ears but very rarely for the eyes - 0
- Tune In To AMC TV This Sunday, October 26 To Watch SLASH On 'Talking Dead' - 0
- Major Gift from Volunteer Steward Aids Great Bay Reserve Boardwalk - 0
- Learn About Salmon Life Cycle at 'Salmon Sunday' - November 9, 2014 - 0
- Brian Setzer donates Gretsch Guitar to Smithsonian - 0
- Roomful of Blues to perform in Salisbury - 0
- Outstanding Volunteers of 2014 Selected for 2014 Spirit of NH Awards - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Last week's Rare Bird Alert
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks