Ladies Night Out 5K run/walk to be held Saturday in Manchester
Manchester is hosting the Ladies Night Out Run, Wine and Chocolate, an event pretty much summarized by its name. It's for women only, although men can volunteer provided they dress up and provide a little charm between the start and red-carpet finish.
This is the second such event for Salem, Mass.-based B&S. The first was held in December in Newburyport, Mass., when many runners were decked out with holiday cheer such as Santa hats and other attire more eccentric than typical fitnesswear.
The run starts at 4 p.m. Saturday outside Runner's Alley on Hanover Street, which will be closed off from Chestnut to Elm streets during the festivities starting at 2 p.m.
Organizers are expecting up to 300 runners. The finish will be lined with a red carpet and volunteers will be there with a carnation and Ladies Night Out wine glass. The reception area is basically up and down that block of Hanover Street with hors d'oeuvres, chocolate and various beverages — including a selection of something white, red or rose' to fill the new wine glasses. Several businesses have partnered with B&S for the event and will be supplying the food and drink.
Registration is $65 for adults and $30 for ladies under age 21 and can be completed online or on Saturday outside Runner's Alley starting at 2:30 p.m. Some of the proceeds will go to the American Heart Association and Easter Seals.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monadnock Conservancy gets towns' financial help - 0
- Wreaths Around Wadleigh auction raises about $1,000 for library programs - 0
- Wreaths Across America get big send-off - 0
- Bedford council to unveil 'conservative' $26.6M plan - 0
- Website: Durham best in NH for young families, Hooksett, Littleton also rank high - 0
- Register in January for Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Winter Workshop - 0
- Fundraising Underway to Support Tern Research at Isles of Shoals - 0
- Holiday Artisan Market at Rolling Green Nursery - 0
- Cranmore Rings in the Holidays with Festive Events and Extended Hours - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
2013 Holiday Happenings
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council