Ladies Night Out 5K run/walk to be held Saturday in Manchester
Manchester is hosting the Ladies Night Out Run, Wine and Chocolate, an event pretty much summarized by its name. It's for women only, although men can volunteer provided they dress up and provide a little charm between the start and red-carpet finish.
This is the second such event for Salem, Mass.-based B&S. The first was held in December in Newburyport, Mass., when many runners were decked out with holiday cheer such as Santa hats and other attire more eccentric than typical fitnesswear.
The run starts at 4 p.m. Saturday outside Runner's Alley on Hanover Street, which will be closed off from Chestnut to Elm streets during the festivities starting at 2 p.m.
Organizers are expecting up to 300 runners. The finish will be lined with a red carpet and volunteers will be there with a carnation and Ladies Night Out wine glass. The reception area is basically up and down that block of Hanover Street with hors d'oeuvres, chocolate and various beverages — including a selection of something white, red or rose' to fill the new wine glasses. Several businesses have partnered with B&S for the event and will be supplying the food and drink.
Registration is $65 for adults and $30 for ladies under age 21 and can be completed online or on Saturday outside Runner's Alley starting at 2:30 p.m. Some of the proceeds will go to the American Heart Association and Easter Seals.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- What a genius does with $500,000; named a MacArthur Fellow - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: Mailbag is abuzz with bee, apple information - 0
- Highland Games at Loon cool time for brave hearts - 0
- At Loon, independence vote seen as doing Scotland proud - 0
- Unveiling judiciary history, retired NH chief justice's official portrait unveiled - 0
- NH preview of events beginning Sept. 21 - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Deer hunting vs. deer shooting - 0
- Libraries offer DVD on stuttering in nine NH public libraries - 0
- Family Resource Center in Nashua offers 'Nurturing Fathers' workshop - 0
NH preview of events beginning Sept. 21