Chis Ford breaking new ground on Pembroke Academy squad
Because he’s the only Pembroke player ever selected to play in a postseason high school all-star game. Ford, an offensive and defensive lineman, will represent the East in Saturday’s CHaD East-West All-Star Game at the University of New Hampshire.
Ford said he felt “overwhelmed” when he found out he was selected to play in the CHaD game, which features recently graduated high school players from throughout the state. The game, which benefits Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, was played for the first time last summer.
Saturday’s kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. The gates will open at noon.
“I’ve been so excited for this,” Ford said. “I’ve been chomping at the bit to put on pads and get started. I’m excited to see the West lose.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 23
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 1
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 4
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race