Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua police shoot pit bull that attacked man
John Goba, 54, of 58 Chestnut St. was treated for injuries to his hip and buttocks at the scene by AMR ambulance. Goba was attack by the large brown and white pit bull that was being walked on a leash by Tina Bennett of 54 Chestnut St. She is the sister of the dog’s owner, Michael Bennett.
Norma Robitaille, a longtime resident of the Chestnut Street neighborhood, was volunteering at the nearby Nashua Soup Kitchen when the attack occurred.
Robitaille said she did not know Bennett or her brother, but added that many residents in the neighborhood have large dogs.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
- Chester man taken to hospital for mental health evaulation - 1
- Tilton selectman volunteers to be shocked with Taser - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- Rinne wins duel with Rask as Predators edge Bruins - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly