Home » News » Public Safety
Driver OK, but not youth group's van in Alton crash
David Lynch, director of the Wolfeboro-based Appalachian Mountain Teen Project, which serves at-risk youth throughout the region, said the group's board and members are scrambling to find a replacement vehicle for the 20 or so excursions planned with about 47 teens this summer.
He is uncertain how much AMTP's insurance company will cover. The van was in good shape, but is nearly 10 years old.
"Our program was already hurting financially after the state cut funding for prevention and diversion programs in 2011," Lynch said. "We've been running pretty much on grants from foundations and donation, and some towns, and the school district, also help us out, but we're really, really struggling to keep our head above water and provide the great level of service," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072