Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Northwood man pleads guilty to assault charge involving underage girl
Eddy James Folland, 48, pleaded guilty to second-degree assault as part of a negotiated disposition with county prosecutors.
He was sentenced to the two- to- four year prison term at the conclusion of the hearing. Folland admitted as part of his plea that he caused “serious bodily injury” and “lasting psychological harm” to the girl on March 19, 2010.
He had been accused of engaging in sexual acts with the girl between March 2012 and March 2012, according to court records.
Folland has already spent roughly 317 days behind bars awaiting trial. That time will count toward his state prison sentence.
Prior to the plea deal, public defenders were seeking records from Facebook to aid in Folland’s defense. A judge approved a request to obtain records from the social networking giant, but lawyers for Facebook reviewed the order and refused to turn them over the materials.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483