Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Police allege shoplifters made their getaway on a bicycle built for two
MANCHESTER – Two men accused of stealing liquor from a state liquor store tried to pedal their way to freedom on a bicycle built for two but were quickly captured, police said.
Police were called to the New Hampshire State Liquor Store at 333 Lincoln St. about 12:40 p.m. Wednesday for a pair of shoplifters.
One man was recorded on surveillance putting a $20 bottle of Kahlua down his pants, while another was seen putting a $1.99 bottle of Courvoisier into a pocket of his pants.
A witness followed the men out of the store and saw them get onto a tandem bicycle and pedal away.
The witness told Officer Neal Penttinen, who was working a detail nearby, about the theft and he spotted the bicycle heading down an alley.
He pointed patrol officer Walter Feldhouse in the direction where the men had gone, and Feldhouse caught up and arrested the pair, identified as Jonathan LaVoie, 32, of 42 School St., and Jay Bingel, 33, of 118 Third St., both of Manchester.
Police said LaVoie allegedly ditched the bottle of Kahlua as Feldhouse closed in. Bingel still had the Courvoisier in his pocket, police said.
Both were arrested for theft. Lavoie is also charged with falsifying physical evidence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 5
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917