Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police allege shoplifters made their getaway on a bicycle built for two
MANCHESTER – Two men accused of stealing liquor from a state liquor store tried to pedal their way to freedom on a bicycle built for two but were quickly captured, police said.
Police were called to the New Hampshire State Liquor Store at 333 Lincoln St. about 12:40 p.m. Wednesday for a pair of shoplifters.
One man was recorded on surveillance putting a $20 bottle of Kahlua down his pants, while another was seen putting a $1.99 bottle of Courvoisier into a pocket of his pants.
A witness followed the men out of the store and saw them get onto a tandem bicycle and pedal away.
The witness told Officer Neal Penttinen, who was working a detail nearby, about the theft and he spotted the bicycle heading down an alley.
He pointed patrol officer Walter Feldhouse in the direction where the men had gone, and Feldhouse caught up and arrested the pair, identified as Jonathan LaVoie, 32, of 42 School St., and Jay Bingel, 33, of 118 Third St., both of Manchester.
Police said LaVoie allegedly ditched the bottle of Kahlua as Feldhouse closed in. Bingel still had the Courvoisier in his pocket, police said.
Both were arrested for theft. Lavoie is also charged with falsifying physical evidence.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424